Event partner rounds up all the information, odds and offers ahead of the most anticipated fight in women’s boxing history.
Tagged as the biggest fight in the history of women’s boxing, Savannah Marshall and Claressa Shields will finally settle their decade-long feud on a historic night of fighting action in London this weekend.
The bout is expected to be a tight affair, as evidenced by the odds on offer from Bet365: Claressa Shields 10/11, Savannah Marshall 10/11, Draw 10/1
The two unbeaten middleweight sensations are set to collide in one of the most hotly-anticipated bouts in recent years, with pride, legacy and the title of undisputed middleweight champion all at stake.
The pair will headline a star-studded all-female cast at the O2 Arena, with Mikaela Mayer and Alycia Baumgardner facing off in a super featherweight unification battle whilst 2020 Team GB Olympians Lauren Price, Karriss Artingstall and the hard-hitting Caroline Dubois take the latest steps in their professional boxing development.
When is Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall?
The blockbuster women’s clash will take place on the evening of Saturday, 10 September at the O2 Arena, London. The action will get underway at 18:00, with the ring walks for the main event expected at around 22:30, depending on the length of preceding bouts.
Can I watch Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall?
Coverage of the event will be available in the UK on Sky Sports.
Are there any belts on the line?
Yes – every single one. Shields brings her WBA, WBC, WBF, IBF and The Ring belts to the party, while Marshall is the WBO title-holder. The winner will therefore be able to boast the title of undisputed female middleweight world champion.
Who is the favourite?
Despite the host of titles to her name, Michigan native Shields comes into the fight as slight underdog at 10/11, while Hartlepool’s Marshall is 10/11 to take the spoils – and punters can back the home favourite for victory via knockout, technical knockout or disqualification at 5/2.
A spokesperson for Bet365 said: “We can’t split these two rivals as it stands. Both fighters are currently priced at 10/11 to win the bout with Marshall slightly shorter in the To win by KO, TKO or Disqualification market at 5/2, compared to 9/1 for Shields. One thing’s for sure, it’s going to be an explosive night on 10 September, and we can’t wait.
“Live on Sky Sports and brought to you by our partners at BOXXER, this event marks a defining moment in women’s sport, and something we at bet365 are extremely proud to be a partner of.”
All prices correct at the time of writing.
Bet £10 on Shields v Marshall and receive £50 in free bets – T&Cs apply – see below
Significant Open Account Offer T&Cs
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £50* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See condition 2 of full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
- Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
- Only the largest cumulative stake on an individual selection within a market/fixture combination (either pre-match or In-Play) will count towards the settled bets requirement.
- Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
- Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, Free Bets, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
Bet365 is committed to Safer Gambling. We promote gambling as an enjoyable leisure activity and we believe that gambling can only remain this way if you stay in control and gamble responsibly. However, we know that for some people gambling can stop being a harmless leisure activity and become a problem.
Help is close at hand. Visit www.gamcare.org.uk or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133.
Terms and Conditions Apply, 18+. Begambleaware.org.