Better Collective eyes US growth with RotoGrinders deal

| By Robert Fletcher
Affiliate giant Better Collective has acquired daily fantasy and sports betting affiliate Rical LLC as part of an effort to expand its presence in the US.

Better Collective will pay $21m (£16.6m/€18.8m) for an initial 60% stake in the business, with an agreement to acquire the remaining 40% of shares between 2022 and 2024.

Rical runs both the RotoGrinders and SportsHandle portals, with the former of these also operating a network of sites including PennBets, USBets and poker website

RotoGrinders, which is based in Nashville, Tennessee generated revenue of more than $8m in 2018, as well as earnings in excess of $3m.

“Since PASPA was repealed by the US Supreme Court last year, we have carefully evaluated how best to establish Better Collective in the growing US market,” Better Collective chief executive Jesper Søgaard explained.

“We have assessed various acquisition opportunities, searching for access to strong products and dedicated people with insight into this market.

“We strongly believe that we found exactly that in RotoGrinders, where we see a strong and dedicated management team and talented employees.”

Subscribe to the iGB Affiliate newsletter